Releasing by the end of 2019, update 1.1 brings alot more power to ProcedurX. Procedural meshes are now supported, along textures and PBR materials. Many new operators have been added, including the ability to bake mesh albedo, depth and normals back to a texture.
Usability and interface clarity improvements have also been a big focus for this update, many of which were suggested by users. Thank you!
- Procedural Meshes have been added as a new type of procedural asset.
- New Operators: Duplicate, MeshPicker, MeshTransform, Primitive, Tesselate, VertexDisplacement.
- BakeMesh has been added. Bakes a mesh into a Texture2D, with given camera settings. Supported modes are Normals, Depth or Texture.
- GradientMap has been reimplemented with a Texture1D source. Previous implementation is deprecated.
- Tile has been deprecated, replaced by new Transform operator.
- Transform: Re-samples texture with a given scale, offset, angle and texture wrap mode.
- Texture1D has been added as a new type of operator.
- New Operators: Gradient1D, Slice.
- Color, float, integer, vector3 and Matrix4x4 have been added as a new types of operators.
- New Operators: ColorPicker, SampleTexture1D, FloatArithmetic, FloatPicker, IntArithmetic, IntPicker, Vector3Picker, Matrix4x4Picker.
Compute Shader Support
Compute shader support has been added for mesh operators GPU implementations.
Usability and Interface
- Create operators have been removed from the hierarchy context menu. They must now be created through the ProcedurX editor window.
- Set up better initial values for several operators.
- Operator documentation have been added directly to their inspector GUI.
- All types of procedural assets now come with a basic default graph when created.
- Added landing page to the ProcedurX editor window with documentation references.
- Added loading prompts to longer exports and cache initialization.
- Added hamburger stack menu to the editor window. It offers the same options as the general context menu.
- Editor Window now has a dark theme, with new color codes for different input/output types.
- Input/output boxes are now slightly bigger.
- Added option to enhance drag precision. Scales input boxes when the mouse gets near them. When dragging a link, only the valid input/outputs will be affected.
- When dragging a link, every non-valid destination is desaturated, to quickly identify where it can be connected.
- When initiating a drag, the source operator is automatically selected.
- Fixed an issue where deleting cache would re-initialize some operators.
- Excluded generated images from the package, to keep the size more reasonnable.